icebauhaus’ work is primarily project-based and community oriented. Our members are experts in various academic disciplines, entrepreneurs and generalists with a great deal of background experience in international cooperation.
Our current topics:
- ICT in agriculture: Innovative use of technologies to increase the production of small hold farmers and agribusinesses in developing countries.
- Experimental building: Lowcost housing (local building materials and techniques) and participatory formats of urban development.
- Techhubs, Maker Spaces and Networks: Method consulting, development and implementation in developing countries.
- Product development and business processes for bottom-of-the-pyramid target groups.
Our particular expertise and experience include:
- Needs assessment & prototyping to develop locally meaningful technologies through the use of user-centered design, co-creation and rapid prototyping methods in architecture and product design.
- Active and open e-learning, social media and knowledge management formats, innovation networks & -communities, open source & open educational resources.
- Implementation of pilot projects in a development context through competence sharing between German and local actors with the integration of research, private sector, NGOs and public actors. Furthermore: Organizational consulting and funding concepts for startups & NGOs. Mediation to networks of local and regional stakeholders, incl. techhubs, incubators and grassroots innovation communities.
Download our profile flyer (PDF)