These are some of our past and ongoing projects:
- africa re: load (since 2011) Annual themed networking event. Brings together participants from the private sector, research and development cooperation around current issues of cooperation between Germany and Africa.
- Concept – Test – Realization (2011-2014) Three-year educational and research project in the field of affordable architecture, in cooperation with the Bauhaus University Weimar, EiABC Addis Ababa and Juba University through funding by the DAAD. Three model constructions in scale 1:1 were collaborative designed and constructed by students and teachers in Ethiopia, in collaboration with the private sector.
- Zero Award (2012) Coordination of innovation competition in Greentech and Design between Egypt, Ethiopia and Germany in coop with the GIZ, iceHubs and Bauhaus Universität Weimar: Project selection, co-creation workshops and award ceremony.
- icecairo eLearning (2013): Concept and implementation of a learning management system and prototypical blended learning formats for techhubs and maker spaces in Egypt.
- Prototyping Textiles in Architecture (2013) One week training for young architects in Cairo, as well as 2 weeks prototype workshop “Slides” in cooperation with the GIZ, the American University in Cairo and SEPIA Institute for Textile Arts Halle / Saale.
- Green Skills Training (2013) Concept development for academically sound developments on the subjects of Urban Resilience; Zero Emission & Eco Sanitation in Egypt, networking of partners and field trips to Cairo.
- Runners’ App (2014) Novel prototypical smartphone app to support Ethiopian long distance runners and their coaches. Application of user-centered design methods, in collaboration with an Ethiopian IT startup and with the support of the Adi Dassler Foundation.
- ict4agriculture Desk Study (2014): “Analysis of ICT Support potentials for improved smallholder farm production in partner countries” for the GIZ. Overview of international actors, best and failed practices and development of needs and stakeholder potentials in selected partner countries.
- Usability Evaluation Framework (2015) Development of an evaluation concept for existing ICT applications in agriculture in cooperation with The Technical Centre for Agriculture and Rural Cooperation (CTA) and UEC / HS Nuremberg.
- Innovation Factory: Realising Shared Ideas (2015-2016) Technical cooperation with GIZ Innovation Factory in the field ict4ag to build networks in selected partner countries and Germany, with the aim of identifying needs and developing applications.
- Step-Up Juba Media Lab (2015_216): consultancy of a community-based implementation process of a new media hub in South Sudan funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
Download our profile flyer (PDF)